DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have gotten this truck, I have wanted to see how far I can go with this. I am trying to black out the truck and here is the story of it. First thing I did was buy blacked out badges from Mopar. Little story for all is...they don't make the front emblem in black. They only started in 2013 with the night edition. In 2012 the grill must be slightly bent in the middle cause it wouldn't fit. So I have a body shop where I work and I painted it to match the back emblem which does fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Exhaust, and taillights

I love the sound of a v8 exhaust. Love the sound of a Hemi even more so I got a Flowmaster 40 series with black tips. Also bought taillights from VIPMOTOZ Sinister black Fiber Optic and LED.

Attachments

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
It's lookin' good, nice work there. I know a lot of people will plastidip their emblems but I like how yours look glossier like the paint.

·
Super Moderator
34,570 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I love the sound of a v8 exhaust. Love the sound of a Hemi even more so I got a Flowmaster 40 series with black tips. Also bought taillights from VIPMOTOZ Sinister black Fiber Optic and LED.
Those black Flowmaster exhaust tips look great out back! Thanks for the support! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it has been awhile since my last post. I got rims so far for the new truck, different taillights from the black truck which I will be posting to sell. Same third brake light is now on this truck. Recon's (I believe) license plate lights. New steps that aren't on yet.

My plan is to get rid of the all the chrome. What I want to know is, where can I get my grille non chrome. Was wanting to paint it the same color as the truck and the word RAM in black.
I will post pics as soon as the truck is cleaner than it is now.

·
Premium Member
32,661 Posts
At first i couldn't figure out why you have the 2009 - 2012 front grille emblem on a 2016 Ram
Then i read your post
Your project is looking good !!

2009 - 2012 ram, squared upper corners

2013 - 2018 ram, cut off upper corners

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol yeah. on the 2012 truck I got it painted. the front emblem. Since the 2013 emblem didn't fit. I like my grille now and don't want to go to the other style if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So been a while but pics coming soon. Bought rebel replica grille and new bumper. Getting them painted the same color as the truck. Removing all the chrome. Will post when I have it back, should be around the 21.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So this is the rebel replica grille painted to my color code. The letters RAM are painted black. The original lights that came with the grille came with one light that didn't work so I found 3 of the same style LED and tinted amber lenses. The fog lights are smoked lenses as well. I guess this would be considered phase 1 and the next time it goes in will be phase 2 and be done with minimal chrome. The back bumper is painted as well. Only question I have is the parking sensors. Can I paint them without messing up the sensors? Or do they sell them in different colors

1 - 13 of 13 Posts