DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just ordered the bilstien 5100, i'm thinking about a 285 70 17 tire, but i cant decide between the bf at or the nitto terra grapplers. anybody ran both. an also will that size fit my stock 17inch alloy rims. i want something that will last and out perform. (movie qoute) "need more input"

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
bf at's are more quiet and are pretty good (they wear exceptionally good)
nitto terra grappler's- are very loud going down the road but perform well in the mud.

I say go with the BF AT's unless u plan on being in the mud on a consistent basis! but if u did want mud terrain's I prefer the TOYO MT's over the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I work in an auto shop and have seen both tires over long periods of time. BF AT's hand down last the longest of the 2

·
Registered
406 Posts
bf at's are more quiet and are pretty good (they wear exceptionally good)
nitto terra grappler's- are very loud going down the road but perform well in the mud.

I say go with the BF AT's unless u plan on being in the mud on a consistent basis! but if u did want mud terrain's I prefer the TOYO MT's over the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I work in an auto shop and have seen both tires over long periods of time. BF AT's hand down last the longest of the 2

He said TERRA not MUD, the terras are very quiet and wear great, not very good in the mud, tread is very close pattern, I like the BF ATs

·
Registered
104 Posts
He said TERRA not MUD, the terras are very quiet and wear great, not very good in the mud, tread is very close pattern, I like the BF ATs
exactly, grapplers are quiet on the road. slip alot in the rain. but the tread did wear fast for me. my bfg's were much better in the rain and worked really good in the mud but were noisier on the road.

I'm now running a Rocky Mountain ATS from Discount. Basically because of the price. Its virtually the same as a terra grappler but i have better wet traction than a terra grappler. Havent been in mud to test that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm good to know, i couldnt really find much on here about the nittos, nor bfgoodrich. i guess i'll check out cooper and see what they want. i dont want to kill the bank either when buying. but i know good quality stuff comes with a price tag

1 - 8 of 8 Posts