DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys its about time to get new tires on my truck. i'm gonna get 295/70-17's and i'm looking at nitto tires, theres the terra grappler the A/T and the trail grapplers M/T. the A/Ts are cheaper. i've read reviews on both, and both say in multiple reviews that they both do very well in the snow. since its about to snow pretty heavily here for the next few months i thought i would ask you guys your take on the cituation, you have always been so helpful in the past. which tire would do better in the snow and in the long run?

G

·
The A/T is your long run tire. It will provide good grip. The M/T will wear faster but will really chew through drifts and deep snow.

Neither tire will do any better than the other on packed snow or ice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the mt's on my truck and they are great in deep or unpacked snow, however they are not the greatest on ice. I can't comment on the at's but am considering switching to them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
hey look at treadepot.com they have great prices on tires with lots of reviews and input.... btw ive got 35 pro comp xtremes M/t and there awesome ive had a/t and honestly theres not much of a difference on ice or slick conditions to sacrifice the look of a mean ol M/T IMO

·
Registered
2 Posts
A/T

I just put the A/T's on mine last week, I talked to quite a few friends who have Nitto tires and the consensus was that the M/T's are good in the deep stuff but the A/T's were just as good. On ice or snow packed roads the M/T was not very good, were as the A/T's were good on any condition road. Personally from my experience with tires is that the A/T's in most makes preform better than the M/T's on road as far as millage and traction.

·
Registered
55 Posts
MT's are awful for everyday slick driving conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts