DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of some help. I have a 2011 Ram Sport 1500. I just ordered 20x9 Fuel Pump wheels with a +1 offset. I also purchased Bilstein struts and was going to do a 2.1 level. I planned on getting 295/65r20 Trail Grapplers. After combing these forums I decided that is my best option and I love the look. Bad news though, Trail Grapplers in that size are on back order with no ETA. I called everyplace local and online as well as Nitto themselves and no one has any idea when they will be available again. Now I have to choose between 295/60r20 or 35x12.5x20. I really like the 35" diameter tires but will they rub with a 2.1 level? They are pretty wide. I have not installed the level yet so I could still do the 2.8 level but I really did not want to. I don't like a big gap between the tire and fender. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Does anyone run a 35x12.5 Trail Grappler with a 2.1 level? If so do they rub? Or should I just get the 295/60r20's and play it safe? Any pictures? Thanks in advance.

·
8,036 Posts
If you only want to run the Bilsteins at 2.1" then I'd go with the 295/60/20's. If you're willing to run them up at 2.8" for for the 35x12.5's. Running the full 35x12.5's at 2.1" will most likely rub but would be able to be fixed very easily. But I also think it will look too stuffed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. Which do you think is a better setup? will the 35x12.5 stick out to far? I love the stance when they stick out but don't want to damage my truck and I really don't like fender flares at all. How is the ride of the truck at 2.8? The tire shop said they would fit both tires for me to see which I like but I have to pick the level height first. I still can't believe the 295/65r20's are on national back order!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
You definitely can fit 35x12.50s with a 2.1 level, what really matters is the offset/backspace of the wheels. On stock wheels all you need is .25 spacer on the front. I rant 35x12.50s on the stock chrome clads with no lift up front for a few mths and rubbed at full lock. Lift/level prorunners gave me over 3" up front and some wheel spacers pushed tires out from rubbing. I think +1 should be alright but someone who is better with wheel offsets should confirm

·
8,036 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. Which do you think is a better setup? will the 35x12.5 stick out to far? I love the stance when they stick out but don't want to damage my truck and I really don't like fender flares at all. How is the ride of the truck at 2.8? The tire shop said they would fit both tires for me to see which I like but I have to pick the level height first. I still can't believe the 295/65r20's are on national back order!!
At 35x12.5 on a 20x9 +1 offset rim will stick out about 1.5" past the fender. I wouldn't worry about damage to the truck. The tread on mud tires has such a wide spacing that they don't pick up many rocks. My tires are sticking out past my flares 2.5" and I don't have any issues.

The difference in ride at 2.8" VS 2.1" will be very minimal. Some people may notice that it's slightly harsher because of the steeper angles of the A-arms but lots of people won't notice a difference at all. I'd just go with whatever you think looks better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on some 35x12'5's with the 2.8 level. If I'm buying new everything I should go big or go home!!! lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good plan. Most people regret it if they don't. Be sure to post up some pictures once you get it all done!

I definitely will!! Hopefully the level will get done this weekend and the Wheels and Tires will be in next week!! I can't wait!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was looking into the Fuel Pumps. Post pics when you get it all set up. TO many people have Fuel Rims and Trailer Grapplers, I've got to do something a little different when I get a truck. I bet it will look awesome leveled with 5100s!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking into the Fuel Pumps. Post pics when you get it all set up. TO many people have Fuel Rims and Trailer Grapplers, I've got to do something a little different when I get a truck. I bet it will look awesome leveled with 5100s!

Will do!!! I was looking at KMC and Fuel wheels and I like those the best out of all the different designs. Trail Grapplers just speak for themselves! I never heard anything bad about them from people I know running them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I did my Bilstein Level today set at 2.8. (Tires and Wheels haven't come in yet) Truck looks great but ...................I got that damn vibration in 4WD. Only seems to happen when I Accelerate fast from 0-40. After that it is gone and it doesn't seem to do it when I Accelerate low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts