DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Had my Laramie with the level 2 equipment and tow package for about a month now. Noticed that my dimming function does not work. I know if you have the tow package the side mirrors don't dim, but I expected the center rearview to dim. Does anyone else have a Laramie with a tow package, and does yours dim?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
On my 4th gen it is a setting to enable in the Uconnect menu. In my case, all 3 of my mirrors dimmed, but I didn't want them to so I disabled it. You may need to turn yours on in the settings menu.

TBH I have no idea why dimming mirrors are a thing, I've never used them in the 11 years I've been driving

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my 4th gen it is a setting to enable in the Uconnect menu. In my case, all 3 of my mirrors dimmed, but I didn't want them to so I disabled it. You may need to turn yours on in the settings menu.

TBH I have no idea why dimming mirrors are a thing, I've never used them in the 11 years I've been driving
Yeah I found the setting but I haven't noticed a difference when I turn it on or off. I tested it out while driving at night, but didn't notice a difference. It's not that big of a deal and not worth taking it in for. Was just curious.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I sure hope they dim, all 3 mirrors dimmed on my 2013 sport with tie package (didn't have gold up tow mirrors though) haven't driven my 2019 at night yet to see but I noticed in the settings there is an on/off for the auto dim

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The rear view auto dim has never done a thing in my '14 Ram 1500. I think it's because I have a cap on the back and the sensor is looking through 3 layers of tinted glass. I have the tow mirrors and wish they would dim, I frequently have to shield my eyes from the headlights reflected in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts