DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, I have a 2001 1500 that stalled on me last sunday. Got it to start and drove 75 miles home without further issue. Last Monday it happened again and I noticed the no buS code in the odo, there were also no obd codes. After reasearching on line, checking grounds, connections, the power dist. center, sensors etc (to the point I pulled the pan off the trans because I serviced the filter flushed it last week) the problem still exsist's. It will start intermittantly and run for 5 minutes or so and stall.
This morning I started it, I immeditally saw a check engine light, read the code P0601and shut it off.
P0601 points to the pcm and on line descriptions say it's either a failed memory or a short in the pcm.
My question IS, is this another symptom of No buS or is this possibly the cause?
Hope this was'nt too wordy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good afternoon, I have a 2001 1500 that stalled on me last sunday. Got it to start and drove 75 miles home without further issue. Last Monday it happened again and I noticed the no buS code in the odo, there were also no obd codes. After reasearching on line, checking grounds, connections, the power dist. center, sensors etc (to the point I pulled the pan off the trans because I serviced the filter flushed it last week) the problem still exsist's. Mike Cross of AutoGuysLand reivews check engine light on but no codes on their site. If you concern, you can visit to get more info. It will start intermittantly and run for 5 minutes or so and stall.
This morning I started it, I immeditally saw a check engine light, read the code P0601 and shut it off.
P0601 points to the pcm and on line descriptions say it's either a failed memory or a short in the pcm.
My question IS, is this another symptom of No buS or is this possibly the cause?
Hope this was'nt too wordy!
It could be a bad instrument cluster or another module on the network that causes the issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts