DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got a 2000 Ram 5.2 . went out this morning to go to the store turn the key and got nothing but a little puff of smoke from the top of steering column . none of the usual lights came on the dash either, (oil engine seatbelt ect). I looked at all the fuses fuses and didnt see any blown. I checked the terminals on the ignition switch and only had power on the pink wire when the ignition when he was off . when I turn the key on I had power on both the yellow wire and the pink wire . I thought the ignition switch baby bad so I put another one in but it didn't do any good . I've been at this all afternoon and I'm trying to get to work tomorrow but it don't look good . anybody got any ideas

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
A little puff of smoke from top of the steering column? :Wow1:

Sounds like something electrical is loose or has melted in there. Wish I had better advice but I think as you said you're just gonna have to tear into it a bit and locate the problem. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Did you ever find the problem? If not I would tear the steering column apart and start looking for burned wires like TruBlu said. Definatley sounds like something burnt up and possibly grounding out on the column

1 - 3 of 3 Posts