DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need help. I'm trying to fix my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 by myself. My truck won't start. It doesn't have dash lights,headlights,no click,no ding when I open door. I used a test light to check a few things I have ground & power. I touched the starter with test light I got major spark. I took jumper cable tried to start it touching the starter when it sparks it just spins, it didn't engage to start it. I don't know how to test my ignition switch,which it was real bad before when it ran. I use to have to shake,rattle & roll the key & move the steering wheel down & up at the same time in order to get it started. The key has even gotten stuck. Now, the key turns fine but it won't start. How do I check the ignition switch with test light or multimeter? I also have a brown & black wire coming through the firewall underneath my steering wheel, that's just not connected to anything. I have a brown wire with metal connectors on the ends with a fuse in the middle of it that was under the hood & I think one side goes to positive side of battery but I don't know where the other part goes? Where would those wires go that aren't connected under my steering column? Also where is the big fuses or power modules that start the truck at? Is the fuse box that's by the battery the only fuses for my truck? PLEASE HELP ME! IT WOULD BE SUCH A BLESSING IF SOMEONE CAN PLEASE HELP ME. I'm doing this all by myself & stuck out in the middle of no where so I need my truck to run again Thank you for your time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts