DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ram 2500 Hemi Laramie I am getting heat on the passenger side and cold air on driver side. I crank up fan and it is not blowing very hard either. I have flushed heater core, checked actuator to make sure blender doors are operating and still nothing. I am running out of things to research. Hoping someone can help.

·
Premium Member
32,591 Posts
Dodge has not changed much when it comes to the climate control system

Check out the videos on HeaterTreater.net for Dodges

There are 3 videos that cover almost every thing about troubleshooting the system

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tested all of the actuators - they all were fine. Mine ended up being a plugged Heater Core and a dirty Evap Core that was slowing air down on that side. I replaced the core and cleaned the ac evap and that fixed everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the heater core is the issue for no heat on the driver side for me it was anyways see this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfFnC0hayyw,
in the video he talks about the passenger side but i think for trucks it maybe the opposite.
first thing i did was switch the two hoses at the water pump to reverse the flow , after that i had heat on both sides for about 5 mins, then it went cold again, i then proceeded to take off both hoses filled the heater core with windshield washer fluid and blew it out with air 20 lbs alternating between the hoses , tons of dirt came out i put it back together and now i have heat on both sides pass and driver side , the reason i used air and windshiled washer fluid is that it is -35 C here and anything else would freeze , i think there is likely more dirt in there , once i can get it in a heated shop with water i will flush it with a garden hose , but this seems to be working for the time being.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts