DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here - I've read a lot of posts here that have helped me figure out what may be the problem with my 2nd gen single-cab 1500 laramie, but I could use more personal advice. Long story short, I was an idiot and power-washed my engine bay (But hey it looks awesome), and now, it's sticking in 2nd too long, most of the time doesnt even start in first from a complete stop, usually starts in second gear. No slipping, shifts smooth as ever. Was thinking it could be a solenoid or a solenoid fuse but the fuse box is covered, and I couldn't have hit it at an angle to get water into the fuse box. Not to mention, a lot of other crap would've hit the fan alongside it. Anyone got any good ideas as to what might have happened so I can go to a shop with better knowledge?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hi Art! I'm not a tranny pro, that is Gen1Dak. But the start from 2nd gear sounds like a "limp-home" mode. Meaning the trans is sensing something it doesn't like. This can be found with an advanced scanner. It does this to protect itself. Might want to cut the driving till you get some more info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts