DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, a couple months ago I installed a new thermostat cause my other one was bad and I dont get any heat at all and when I do run the heat or defroster I get this coolant smell inside thru the vents, what could be the problem. It is cold here and I am freezing in the am and at night driving :(, please help. Thanks

Jamie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I hope not cause that is a job to do and I dont have the money to take that to someone right now, unless I can hold out until the warm weather and save up my money and take it somewhere to get it done.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I'm with the other votes on the heater core. You could try back flushing the heater core to get it to open up but if she is leaking all you can do is replace it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Souds like a bad heater core is causing the smell. The no heat believe it or not may be a bad vacume line. My problem w/that was a broken vacume line underneith @ the transfercase connection. Easy fix.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I turned off the heat and the defroster and I still get the smell even when nothing is running :(, if it is heater core how much would it cost to get someone to replace it

·
Registered
18 Posts
These guys are on the money.My heater core went on my 96 . Bought one at autozone .it was cheep maybe 30 bucks? call and ask. it cost me a 12 pack of beer,and a lot of unscrewing. got 2 pull dash on mine. That was fun. Had a few screws left over, when she went back togather? lol. check a repair book . or ask the fourm

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a great wife, took she and I about 6 hours to replace my heater core. I got one at autozone for somewhere around 80 bucks. Like Nitro, I had some screws left over...LOL! I still have a slight antifreeze smell. When I replace the dash I am going to check the heater core lines, I really didn't like he idea of the rotating ones that aftermarket core had on there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts