DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no heat
So this weird thing started happening where I just have no air flow at all through my vents the fans just don’t turn on but sometimes will, sometimes after 30 min of driving it’ll turn on for a few minuets and then shut itself back off. The heater core seams to be fine both hoses are hot, I’ve replaced the T-stat and gone through the motions making sure there’s no air in the system but still nothing. I can hear the actuators moving when I adjust the position for the heat but no response from the fan dial I’m at a loss if anyone has any ideas that would be very much appreciated thank you PS it’s 2008 1500 slt quad cab with single zone temperature control

·
Registered
423 Posts
You say that you can hear the “actuators” / stepper motors but it’s completely possible that they are not properly opening or closing the “doors” that direct the airflow to the selected vents. I’ve read that it’s a fairly common issue. Aftermarket “doors” are available and (again from what I’ve read) can be a bit of a destructive process to fix the issues but the end result is functional distribution of warmed or cooled air:). RE: the fan, can you actually hear the fan running when the dial is rotated from low to high? If the fan is only working intermittently, I’d suspect a bad electrical connection somewhere along the control circuit. If the hoses to and from the heater core are warm to hot, it eliminates coolant circulation issues. YouTube has several videos on replacing the HVAC flow control “doors”!

Reactions: Wyattb7

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have to look into that I switched out the blower motor resistor and it worked for a little and then crapped out again lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts