DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I had 201,000 miles on my 5.7 1500 Larimie when I sold it tombuy my 16 2500. Still was a good truck and ran great.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
I have 58,300 miles on my 2015 Laramie. I will trade in at 300k or when it becomes more expensive to maintain than a truck payment. Since its paid for, I don't see that happening any time soon.

who knows, maybe I will be the first 500k 4th gen gasser LOL

·
Super Moderator
34,701 Posts
I plan to go at least 300,000 miles. At some point this will no longer be my DD, so I will probably get a car-something sporty-since I will already have a truck to do truck stuff. I won't need to replace it with another truck. Dad just hit 96,000 miles on his 2009 which is low mileage IMHO for that year. First order of business is to pass him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
334,000 kms on my 03 1500 4.7
Original engine and transmission (knocks on wood)
She burns a quart every 1000 km or so
Kind of a noise at startup. Lash adjusters perhaps?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Imagine most high mileage trucks are being driven by those who probably are not looking for a forum, trying to gain knowledge or figure out ways to spend their money to tweak their trucks.

Like me with my old 99 2500, I knew what I had, drove/used the piss out of it and never once went searching for a forum. It was only after I dropped down to a half ton pick-up, and this series of Hemi, that I started looking for more info.

Every Hemi I ever messed with was decades ago, I knew nothing about these new ones.

Think online forums, in general, can be invaluable but doubt much need for one dedicated to high mileage truck owners

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think every 2nd gen truck is high mileage at this point. Had numerous 2nd gens. Current is at 160000 and running strong. Last diesel had 550000 miles, pushed 750 horse lol. You wont see alot of diesel guys here because of cummins forum

·
Registered
746 Posts
I had 147K when I let mine go. Other than rebuild/refurb of the suspension, due to big tires I imagine, it was flawless. There are always a few little things, like 2 thermostats in my case, but that could happen to ANYTHING!

·
Registered
395 Posts
High Mileage

Had a man come here a coupl of years ago to do some work on a DD I had and he had a Ram 2500 with a Cummins had 850000 mile never had any major work done on her. Another guy I know had a garage business in Flordia, said that he had a customer that used a 3500 with a Cummins for a fish business, he had with over a million miles and still trucking. Only real issues with that truck was the std transmission, something about a nut working off a shaft, said now corrected, put on a left hand nut.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My '01 second gen is a rot box with roughly 98k on it but I no longer drive it and only use it for pushing snow, any day my fourth gen is going to pass my second with mileage, last time I looked I have 97k and change on my '12 and luckily no rust yet, lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2001 1500 Sport had 177k miles on when I traded it in for my 2015 Big Horn. Ran strong but I kept having issues with the A/C and defroster. Decided I was done paying after putting 6k into just A/C repairs over the 10 years I owned it. Didn't mind rolling the windows down in the summer but when the defrost didn't work in the WA rain it became an issue. Got the new truck with the max care lifetime warranty in case I run into that problem again.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My 2000 1500 Laramie 4x4 has 228k miles. Will hit 229k probably by tomorrow. Only had 1 trans rebuild. Hell im the 5th owner and I just replaced the OEM upper and lower ball joints

1 - 20 of 45 Posts