DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I'm a newby too this and have never posted anything. The highest mileage gas engine I've seen has been around 334000. My 2008, 5.7 Hemi quad cab has well passed that by more than 100000. If anyone is still following this and replies I'll fill in more details. If 450,000 + miles is nothing special please let me know. I really want to know what to expect in the next 100,000. Oh it's the original engine and transmission, but the trany just got a new valve body. That is the only major power train repair.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2006 Ram 3500 with a cummins that just turned over 488,888 yesterday. Recently replaced the clutch for the 2nd time and the tranny for the 1st.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is great and I sorta of expect that from a diesel. I always wanted a diesel for its longevity, but I have had such great luck with this Hemi that I'm not sure if the added expense of the fuel makes up for my loss in mileage. I normally average around 15 MPG combined, 75 % highway miles. I bought a 2018 Express with the 6 cyl. Just for the weekends and im only getting 18.3 but that's mostly city. I really wanted the ECO Diesel, but again the price and questionable mileage stopped me. Today I'm at 489,327 so I'm looking at 500k by end of January or February. I just wonder is mine an exception to the rule, mileage wise. Same engine, starter and tranny with only the valve body being replaced 2 weeks ago and it's still strong. No smoke and 8 months ago the oil leaks were at the valve cover, so I feel super lucky. 2 nd fuel pump a heater core and 1 set of u joints, but the U's were in the early days less than 200000. Same AC but I have had to replace the condenser fan twice about a 4 year average. Either way I'm super satisfied with the truck and it still looks good. The next 10,000 are crucial just to hit half a million. Fingers crossed and praying!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Very nice, can't match that, but if there is anything magic about 377k, my '95 V-10 will be there shortly.
Odometer _376.JPG

239k on the '03 1500 OffRoad 5.7L, just chucked a rear axle bearing though......expensive lift home.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Love hearing about these super high mileage Rams. I'm at 199k on my '05 V8 4.7. Would have passed 200k if I wasn't forced to work from home recently. It's still running really strong. Plan to drive it till the wheels fall off!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts