DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 2013 Ram and added my iphone4S I was getting a tone through my speakers when I received a text message. That only lasted about a month. Im wondering if I may have accidently done something to my settings on my phone that caused me to no longer get the tone through the speakers. I had the new update from Chrysler applied to my headunit last week but it did not fix the problem making me think it might be my settings on my phone. It comes up on my dash that I have a new text message but no tone. Anybody else having this issue?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
THIS WORKED, PROBLEM FIXED:

Uconnect Iphone users know this: When your Iphone is connected to the system and you are not listening to music on it, you will not hear text notifications, email notifications, etc. You basically won't hear any sound coming from your phone or uconnect unless it is an incoming call.

It basically drove me crazy so I spent about 5hours on the issue trying to find a fix and learned that it is an Iphone issue so it cannot be a perfect fix. Ford sync users have the exact same problem. To me, it looks like the issue is with the bluetooth delay. Uconnect will play the usual ringtone because it is more than XX seconds but will not play anything else because it is below that XX seconds mark. The probably did that delay to avoid muting the radio if you are just scrolling through the menus and avoid those 1 beep tone.

The good news is that I found a fix that is pretty damn good if you ask me, much better than what I expected to find.

Here it is (there is a few ways to get to the menu but this is the easiest):
When your phone is on the lock page, double tap the home button, this will appear:
http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/11/70/28/59/img_0410.png

Note the blue logo that appears to the right of the ''next'' button.
When you click on it, you will see this:
http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/11/70/28/59/img_0411.png

You guessed it, select Iphone and now all the tones will come through the phone. Having said that, you will still hear an incoming call through Uconnect AND the phone. The drawback is that you have to re-select ''iphone'' after every call you do but the menu is very easily accessible so I don't mind at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts