DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
Recently my drivers side (Quad) headlight developed moisture on the lens which led to the high beam bulb exploding and it left a burn mark on the 3 wire connector. I bought new headlights and bulbs, sprayed the connector with electronic cleaner and all was well. Fast forward to today, the high beam no longer has power going to it. I’ve tested the wire behind the connector and no power exists. If it were both high beams I would at least know where to start but just one is beyond my understanding. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
If it's anything like the older ones, (2004), each lamp has it's own feed from the control module and the output has likely failed.

I had this issue on my 04 dually and ended up rewiring both to a relay rather than cough up the $485 they wanted for a new control module. I asked my dealer for warranty and was denied even though I had bumper to bumper coverage. My follow up question was "how many of these units do you sell nationwide in a year", and the answer was more than high enough to raise an eyebrow and support a recall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply IN2H2O. I was wondering if that would work. I've done it to classic cars before but nothing so new. Is it the ECM you are talking about?

·
Registered
457 Posts
You know what, after thinking on this for a bit, I think I actually ended up replaced the module. I think the plan was to use a relay but then I would have been stuck with the "Lamp Out" chime going off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked continuity on the connector and it was fine so I guess a new control module is in my future. I found a Remanufactured one for $244.00 that has a lifetime warranty. Thank for your help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts