DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer that I have had my order in with since May 1st emailed me today with the message that FCA has informed dealers that due to "Equipment Restrictions" orders with the Rambox will not be built until LATE September!!!

Has anyone else with an order with the Rambox received this notification?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I’ll follow up with me dealer tomorrow

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ordered a 19 Limited with Ramboxes n etorque on May 10. Last week I was told by Ram customer service it’s built and undergoing inspection being transferred to storage awaiting shipping. The dealer never gives me any updates btw.

So it’s built. Don’t know when I will get it. My guess is mid August.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a Laramie Crew Cab on July 23rd and I could not order the Ram Box, Off Road Package or the Bed utility group... Dealer did not know why either. I really only wanted the Off Road package. All of those options were highlighted yellow and could not be chosen..

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
I thought I heard or read somewhere that the 5th gen 1500's would not have Ramboxes available for mass production until they started building the 5th gen 2500's? Basically streamlining the manufacturing of them just like they did for the 4th gens. :4-dontknow:

I do know I am very anxious to see the first member here who takes delivery of one with the Ramboxes!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had posted my thoughts on the 6.4’ Rambox option in another thread. The 6.4’ bed is shared between the 1500 & 2500. It was my opinion, not based on any facts, that FCA would not produce 3 different Ramboxes.
5.7’ is 1500 only and that’s why the Rambox will be available soon in that length. Since the HD’s will still be the current generation for ‘19, the 6.4’ Rambox will still be available on those. Once the HD’s are upped to the 5th gen, then I’m hoping the 6.4’ Rambox will be available on the 1500s.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was told by my dealership that there were "windows" of when I could order the ram boxes - so I waited. I saw an article come out about the 20's coming out in the not too far future. So, I decided to wait until then to order a HD diesel with boxes - and be 100% happy. We went and picked up a Tundra for the husband this last weekend which I drive for work until I get my Ram. Daughter gets my car for college, I get a truck for a few months, and husband is A-okay with his company truck. Works out.. I just hope that when the 20s come out, they have a smoother system by then.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ordered mine new one with ram box in May, checked with the dealer Friday and it is still in D status. He made some calls and was told scheduled to be built in or around Sept 6th. Said any rambox's the have been built are sidelined and will have to run back thru for modifications due to everything not matching up. Commented that I was better of with a build correctly than those that are build sitting on the lot waiting to be modified in the future. I am guessing more handing = more flaws in the end.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I got an email from the dealer today that my Limited with Ramboxes is in "E" or Frame stage. Looks like they are moving the Rambox trucks.

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
6’4″ RamBoxes are coming, while 5’7″ Ramboxes wait to ship

While there is no official news out of Ram, there are some new rumors floating around. 5thGenRams reports that production on the 6’4″ RamBoxes will start this fall. That’s according to an industry insider. While you can currently order the RamBox as a $995 option on the 5’7″ Crew Cab, it’s unavailable on Quad Cab models, which are only available with the 6’4″ box.

Production for the shorter RamBox started in early July, but Ram have reportedly built few trucks with the RamBox equipped. 5thGenRams forum members also report that their trucks have been built, but haven’t shipped due to a national railcar shortage. The forum also reports issues with RamBox production on the supplier side, but haven’t been able to confirm the rumor.

As far as the national railcar shortage. goes, yes there is one

https://automotivelogistics.media/intelligence/when-will-services-be-back-on-track

·
Registered
323 Posts
So, if I can get a 1500, 6.4’ Rambox, only with a Quad Cab, and not with the Crew Cab, that’s gonna be a no go for me. I’m guessing my ‘18 will have to stay with me.
Wonder when the HD’s get the new body style, I can’t imagine they will be restricted to a 5.7’ bed!

·
Registered
28 Posts
What a bummer. I have had ram boxes on my last 3 trucks and will not buy another without it. I have been looking at a '19 but guess i stuck waiting until ram gets them going. Someone needs to post a picture when they take delivery of a truck that has them.

·
Registered
704 Posts
My truck should be delivered to my dealer early next week.

·
Registered
704 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Will do.. as of 7:18 this morning it’s on a truck to the dealer!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts