DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new here. I bought a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel. Now the radio seems to work fine but no sound from speakers.
There is an active codes:
U0186 (lost communication with audio amplifier)
B140B (rear left audio speaker output circuit open)
B1403 (front left audio speaker output circuit open)
B140F (rear right audio speaker output circuit open)
B1407 (front right audio speaker output circuit open)

All fuses under hood apear to be ok. Also when I try to put a CD in the head unit it spits it back out and displays "error".

Any help would be great!!!!!!
Is the head unit shot? Amp shot? Fuse that I don't know about blown?.....
Thank you!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Man I don't think anyone can know that till it's torn apart. One failure could be causing it to throw another. I would guess the amp but I'm not sure why the head unit would spit out the CD. Something could have happened that fried both. There just isn't anyway for us to know for sure without taking it apart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!
I don't really care about the CD problem as I don't listen to them but I mentioned it in case it is related.
I am not really sure where to start on this problem....I hate electrical issues!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Best thing is to take it to a stereo shop. Kicking out the CD could mean a head unit issue or your putting in a CD that's not an audio CD. There is just no way to know for sure without hands on. If someone else knows please chime in.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Start by checking/replacing Fuse 36 (25A). If that's OK, then check the wiring connectors on the amplifier unit which is located behind the glove box. Take special note of the Black 22 pin connector.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Start by checking/replacing Fuse 36 (25A). If that's OK, then check the wiring connectors on the amplifier unit which is located behind the glove box. Take special note of the Black 22 pin connector.
Thanks.
Fuse 36 is good, wiring connections to amp are good.
What now? I hope I don't have to take it to Dodge for this problem.
Anybody else have any ideas???
Thanks!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
My instinct tells me the amplifier is in trouble. But before you spend a bunch of hard earned $ on a new one, we should check a few things to verify that the power is actually getting to the amp.

Do you have the 'Infinity' sound system?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts