DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for clicking through that crazy long title.

Here is the story.

I have a 2003 1500 ST with the 3.7 V6

Few weeks ago we had a massive Ice storm.

When I went to move the truck I noticed that I had the ABS and Brake lights on. Also, the speedo went out.

The extra weird part is that my reverse lights don't work, my heat adjustment is un-responsive and it seems to be stuck in the "FULL HOT DEFROST ONLY" mode. The AC will not turn on and the only thing that does work is the fan speed adjustment.

Took it to autozone and had the codes read, they said it was my rear speed sensor. I put a new one on, and no changes. There goes 40 bucks and an hour of my life.

My next plan is to trace the wiring and see if I can find any broken leads, but I would LOVE some help. Anybody have any great ideas?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Just a thought - Check Fuse 38 (10A). Seems to provide power to a lot of the control systems that affect what your mentioning.... :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip, I forgot to mention that I pulled and checked all of the fuses.

No problems there. Is there a fuse panel besides the one under the hood?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Nope....that's the only one. It is the top of the IPM (Integrated Power Module). There is only 1 exception that I can find, and that is a 25A circuit breaker for the power windows.

Do you have a volt meter? If so, take a reading from ground to each side of Fuse 36 and 38. This reading can be taken from the top of the fuse while it is in the circuit. You will/should need to turn the ignition on to get a reading. What to look for is +12V on both sides of both fuses with the ignition on. :thk:

Also, are you wiring diagram savvy? If so, I will strip out the power distribution section and figure out how to post it up. The wiring manual is way to big to post in full format. :wow:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay... finally got out there with a volt meter. I found that fuses 29 through 38 are not getting power to either side in the IPM.

Also, I have no continuity between the B+ terminal and each of the above fuses. Sounds to me like I need a new IPM. Where can I get one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
kootenayram

I just went througt the same problem and got it fixed for 1,774.65.
The TIPM replaced to fix the tail lights and a corroded green wire under the module inside the insulation repaired. Fixed all the problems. I am trying to get a recall to fix these problems with Transport Canada.

Good luck!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Okay... finally got out there with a volt meter. I found that fuses 29 through 38 are not getting power to either side in the IPM.

Also, I have no continuity between the B+ terminal and each of the above fuses. Sounds to me like I need a new IPM. Where can I get one?
Well, lets not blame the IPM just yet...too expensive to just 'try it' :)
Your readings are very good information, however, I think I forgot to mention in my last post that these reading had to be taken with the ignition turned on. :shy:

Just by chance, did you have the ignition turned on ?? If so, please also check the voltage at Fuse 35, 37 & 52. If all are dead, then we will look at the Orange wire feeding into Connector C5 on terminal 1.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 ram 1500

just wanted to thank everyone for the info about abs brake airbag and speedodmeter and heater control not working.found no power to fuses 34 to 38,found red and black wire on large white plug under fuse block brokin off under tape.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I take it everything is back up and operational. :smileup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts