DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck started to act up two days ago. went outside started her up and let it warm up for about 15 minutes ran just fine.started driving got about 3 miles down the road and she started to miss and backfire almost stalled. i kicked it into neutral and got it to clear up.started to go up the next hill and she shut right down.it would crank with no backfiring or anything unless i held it wide open throttle.Finally got it going and the whole way home it would miss and backfire.got it home it was dark so i figured i would mess with it the next day.
Went out side tryed to start it it didnt even backfire at wide open throttle.i replaced cap rotor pickup and ignition coil also did the crank position sensor,now she will backfire at wide open throttle again but wont run or idle
Im at a comoplete loss i know the pcms are know to go in these trucks but i dont wanna randomly throw parts at it, any help is greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyway you can check the timing? Had a Ford V8 once that jumped time and did a lot of the things your describing. Hope you get your answer soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts