DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an interesting problem on this truck. 2009 Hemi. Came in no start. Just hear clicking from starter. Does not change with a boost or new battery. Checked for seized engine, seized pulley, etc. All good. Replaced starter..still same. Checked for voltage at starter (good). Ran separate wire to starter solenoid and starter turns over.
Another tip off is there are no low beam headlights but does have High beam. No codes stored.
My suspicion is a TIPM....any one else feel the same?

Thanks

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
That's an interesting one there. Sounds like you're checking in all the right areas. Definitely sounds like and electrical or connection issue. Dunno, wish I had some better advice. Maybe try posting this in the 4th gen 5.7 Powertrain section if you don't get many answers in here. Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Relay is good. Check all the grounds and I mean cleaned each one and also used extra cables as grounds. Vehicle is going to Dealer next week. I will let you know the result.
Thx for replies.

·
3,247 Posts
Sounds good. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They said it was just a battery. Funny as I tried a brand new battery in her and also had the charger/booster on her originally. Only thing I figure is something sorted itself out on the way to the Dealer. Mystery big time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
They said it was just a battery. Funny as I tried a brand new battery in her and also had the charger/booster on her originally. Only thing I figure is something sorted itself out on the way to the Dealer. Mystery big time.
You could've fixed the issue when doing all the work on the grounds but the battery was already shot.

Regardless, glad to hear you're on the move. Good luck...keep a close eye on her.

·
3,247 Posts
Indeed, glad to hear you have it straightened out. How old was the battery?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts