DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
It just pisses you off when you spend good money on something and to have a problem that the car makers are aware of. I can understand the dealers point, you can't start changing parts to see if that remedies the problem. I just wish the car makers would be up front and address the problem. I really like the truck except for a couple of things. It has good power and fuel economy isn't that bad either.

If you can just contact chrysler customer service an log a complaint if enough of us complain maybe they will do something.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I get the exact same symptoms you describe here. Sometimes in mid-turn as well, as if there is a grinding in the front suspension/driveshaft. Hard to tell.

Same here. I get a vibration through the gas pedal and into the steering column at certain speeds, sometimes on acceleration and sometimes when making left turns. Sometimes it's a fine vibration, other times it's more like a grinding. Done this since new and now it's on my nerves.

It's not a wheel balancing issue, nor is it anything braking related or MDS related, at least as far as I can determine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I guess I forgot to post a while back about the noise my truck was making. The dealer finally had an Engineer listen to it and he determined that it was the torque converter. They replaced it, problem solved. Loving my truck now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys,
Just to let you that the torque converter fixed the chatter noise in the transmission.
Chyrsler has a star noticification about this problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well one thing is sure on mine ! It's not the MDS ! When I turn on the Tau/Haul switch it disable the MDS and I still have my vibration going on, it's really a slight noise/vibration at 1400/1500rpm not before not after, in every gear, most noticable when pulling trailer or loaded. My mechanic feeling tells me that it is the exhaust vibrating ! I felt it right away the first week but again as a mechanic I hear noises that most dont hear ! I was hoping that the noise would get worse so it would be easier to find but it doesnt, last time the dealer did update the PCM and now it seems that I have a harder time to hear it, it's better but still there.

Thanks.

Frenchy...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2010, Hemi, Crew Cab has a growling noise under certain conditions, coming from the engine area, through front floorboard, after the last shift, I assume torque converter lockup, in 5th gear only at speeds of 43 - 55 mph. This noise is heard with very slight throttle without downshifting. If it downshifts the sound goes away. This sound is heard in normal drive or with tow haul mode engaged. It happens only occassionally without towing, but very often with my boat being towed. Had to take my boat to the dealer and drive them so they could hear it. Very loud towing my boat. Service manager said it is the exhaust making a resonating sound and says other trucks do it also. Did not have another truck on lot to drive. Does anyone else have this sound on their truck or any ideas of what it might be? Dealer has removed all heat shields on exhaust and reinstalled, but noise is still the same. It has had this noise since new. Today was the 4th time to the dealer and I still have the problem. Sorry for the long post. Thanks to all who might help.
It's not normal. I had the same thing and couldn't stand it anymore. I had it to 2 dealerships 3 times, they finally put it up on a device that lets them drive it while it's up in the air. They found multiple loose exhaust hanger bolts. No more noise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well one thing is sure on mine ! It's not the MDS ! When I turn on the Tau/Haul switch it disable the MDS and I still have my vibration going on, it's really a slight noise/vibration at 1400/1500rpm not before not after, in every gear, most noticable when pulling trailer or loaded. My mechanic feeling tells me that it is the exhaust vibrating ! I felt it right away the first week but again as a mechanic I hear noises that most dont hear ! I was hoping that the noise would get worse so it would be easier to find but it doesnt, last time the dealer did update the PCM and now it seems that I have a harder time to hear it, it's better but still there.

Thanks.

Frenchy...
Contrary to popular opinion that doesn't disable the MDS. NEither does putting it in 8th gear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What RPM does this occur at? about ~1,250~ or so?,,,,,,

I had a heck of a rattle at that rpm, mainly while in MDS,,, Sounded 'exhaust' related. Dodge couldn't figure it out,,, I fixed it with the help of this forum,,,
just wondering how did you fix it? What was the issue? I have the same problem.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts