DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a video this morning not sure what this is I am not a Mechanic. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can't believe how this truck is all rusted looking underneath My Videos.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I made a video this morning not sure what this is I am not a Mechanic. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can't believe how this truck is all rusted looking underneath My Videos.
Hi @Jphemi3 - Sorry for the trouble with your truck. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your Ram dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for the dealer process.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem thanks for the reply. I am glad there are forums like this in case someone had this same sound but the video seems to be not picking it up. I am going to try to make another one on my way to dropping it off at the dealer today for tomorrow. It is strange to me we just got back from NC on Monday! we never had any noises! I am taking it back to the place that fixed the rear end once, so I hope Dodge takes care of me if it is the rear end again, I do have paperwork it is from 10.2016 that they replaced for free the Pinion bearing failed. If it is in fact the rear end this will be sad if they stick me with it! I know other trucks never have an issue with the rear ends. I have a 1500 pound boat that I move to the lake every season so in 7 months I know I will be traveling home with it. I launch it in the summer every weekend. other days I mountain bike so I know the truck can handle what I am doing!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a 2nd video, but now my truck is at the dealer, we will see in the morning what it is. Video 2

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
There is a clamp on your exhaust pipe just after the y pipe that will rust and eventually allow for the joint to come loose. The exhaust will then rattle at that joint. Was that the issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts