DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day when I punched the gas pedal to pass another vehicle there was a noise coming from the engine. It sounded like a metal hissing sound. I noticed it a few times when I was towing something. It doesn't make this noise when driving normal but when I hit the gas hard. Anyone else have this problem? I brought it to the dealer once and of course they couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
That's the squirrels running out of breath.

·
Registered
21 Posts
On the exhaust, right behind the cat, there is a pipe join. Above the join there is a metal tab. Bend this tab up and out of the way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hope you don't have the same thing I have. mine would whine, sound like a supercharger. They found that my cam bearing were bad. They are in the process of installing a new motor in my 2014 ram sport 1500. I only had 1500 miles on it. Good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hope you don't have the same thing I have. mine would whine, sound like a supercharger. They found that my cam bearing were bad. They are in the process of installing a new motor in my 2014 ram sport 1500. I only had 1500 miles on it. Good luck.
And for a bad cam bearing, they put in a entirely new engine. I am shocked. Sounds like somebody in the Ram shop needed a new motor to build into a weekend dirt track racer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think its coming from the exhaust. It makes this noise when I hit the gas and it gets up there in RPMs then shifts. That's when the noise starts. Its only for a few seconds but regardless it shouldn't be making that. Sounds like a belt squeaking almost.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't think its coming from the exhaust. It makes this noise when I hit the gas and it gets up there in RPMs then shifts. That's when the noise starts. Its only for a few seconds but regardless it shouldn't be making that. Sounds like a belt squeaking almost.
That metal bracket on the exhaust will vibrate and make a metal rattling noise very briefly, only at higher rpm, right when it shifts.

It's right behind the y-pipe, where the exhaust joins to the rear section to the muffler.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=156638&page=3

·
Registered
14 Posts
they put a new motor in mine because metal shavings. The cam and bearings got chewed up so bad that shavings were through out the entire motor. I now have 600 miles on the new motor. Running great and no supercharger sound now. good luck

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the tech said it was a bad baffle in the exhaust so they replaced the whole exhaust system last week. Guess what the sound is still there. I am going to look under truck and see if that clip is rubbing against the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Well the tech said it was a bad baffle in the exhaust so they replaced the whole exhaust system last week. Guess what the sound is still there. I am going to look under truck and see if that clip is rubbing against the exhaust.
Uttt ohhhhhhh, another so-called tech "guessing" again... fooooof, who knew...lol

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
The only time i hear a squealing noise under hard acceleration, is usually only there when my wife is in the passenger`s seat...lol. Other than that, no noise under acceleration on mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts