DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I hit a significantly large bump I hear what sounds like a cable hitting something under the dash by the ac vent. I took a look but don't see anything that would produce this sound any ideas.:4-dontknow:

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every time I hit a significantly large bump I hear what sounds like a cable hitting something under the dash by the ac vent. I took a look but don't see anything that would produce this sound any ideas.:4-dontknow:

Thanks in advance.
Well I found the problem I need to tighten up a screw on the bracket for the amplifier that I installed for my stock radio.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
142 Posts
There is a TSB about a wiring harness in the center of the dash that gets secured and re-routed. Do a search, I posted the bulletin a while back.

·
Registered
388 Posts
There is a TSB about a wiring harness in the center of the dash that gets secured and re-routed. Do a search, I posted the bulletin a while back.
Would you happen to have a link? I did a search and even looked through your past posts and still came up with nothing that looked obvious.

My truck gets the same noise in the center of the dash when I hit bigger bumps. What is the deal with TSB's? Do they fix issues if you come in with a complaint? Does the truck still need to be under warranty for them to fix the issues?

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Keep us update and let us know how you make out.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I figured mine out dealer was gonna make me wait till may for them to look at it i opened it III took the radio out and poof no more rattle after looking closer the top plate of the radio is really loose causing the rattle not to wait for the dealer

·
Registered
25 Posts
RAM10, how hard was it to remove the radio?
Very easy 3 screws on the dash plate 2 up top one behind the 110 jack and them4 on the radio bracket if you look it up on yoube youll find it took me 10 mins now i have to wait another week for my appt and at least another week for them to get a new radio joy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts