DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to swap out the speakers in my doors and dash and have a few questions. First, I assume the stockers are all 4 ohm impedance, correct? Will I need to use spacers for the door speakers because of the bigger magnets? Will they still fit without touching the door panels? What size are the dash speakers? Anyone done this and if so what speakers did you use and how much of an improvement was it? I don't plan on changing out the head unit, adding a subwoofer or any amps. The stock system sounds OK, but I want a little more bass punch and crisper all-around sound. Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Crutchfield is your best resource.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I bought all kickers for mine 6x9 for the doors fit as the rear and i used kickers for the dash 3 of them

not sure if the reg cab is different but the 6x9 fit perfect and and no clearance issues

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'm going with, Kickers all around. How big an improvement over stock were they? I mainly want to get rid of the paper stock crap. Did you use spacers to prevent the magnets from hitting the window rail? How hard was it to mount the dash speakers? Got any pics from your install?;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts