DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, so Im getting a 2000 Dodge Ram 4X4 and even though i dont get it till next week, Im already trying to plan out new mods in my head and on paper.

Heres what I want to do...
5-6" Suspension lift (any recommendations on brand?)

Wheels and rims
Here is where im a little lost. I think i wanna go with 35x12.5 with meatier tires (Probably a 17 inch rim.) I have done reading on here and I know there are different sizes that im not used to accounting for (IE backspacing and offset)

Rims
What I want to know is, does anyone know the spaceing i would require with 35x12.5 with a 5-6" lift on a 2000 Dodge Ram. My goal is so i can spend countless hours looking at wheel tire combos until I finally get my truck :D

Tires
Currently on the truck 305/70 16 (can anyone please translate this to inches for me?)
Okay, so I told you what size tires im looking to get 35x12.5
What I'd like to know is a good brand of tires that arent very loud. I dont really want the huge hum as im drving down the road.

Thank you in advance for all your help and knowledge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, so I figured out what size tire is currently on my truck...lol. Its got a 33x12 on it at the moment...which isnt bad looking...but I really wanna get it to the 35x12.5 range.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Okay, so I figured out what size tire is currently on my truck...lol. Its got a 33x12 on it at the moment...which isnt bad looking...but I really wanna get it to the 35x12.5 range.
/Truck135.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Yeah those do look good Rambug. Here's what I'm running on my 05 Ram 1500 4x4. Nitto Terra Garppler P285/70R17s and they make the truck look tough! :smileup: Anyway, we have had these on the truck for a couple years now and will get them from here on out once this set wears out. They have been by far the best tire we have had. Perfect for everyday highway driving, doing a little mudding :) and definitely snow bogging. If you want a good tire then Nitto is the way to go IMO. You may want to go with LT325/70R17 D122R if you are wanting to go with a 17" rim. These tires are 13.12x35 inches. http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/terragrappler#size Maybe a little smaller than you want but pretty close. :) We found the best deal for our tires/rims from our local DiscountTire store. Good luck to you boss and can't wait to see pics once you get them on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i second the nitto terra's. i had 25,000 miles on my set of nitto's and they have been through hell and back and are great tires. and for the lift. check out Zone Suspension. they are technically the BDS lift without the no questions asked warranty and and alot cheaper. through my local dealer i can get the zone lift for the same price as the rough country lift. and from what i keep hearing rough country is the budget lift... im going to go with the Zone lift once i find wheels i want and 37" tires i like...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts