DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else in Canada have a 2wd Crewcab Laramie or Sport? Not one dealership has one for sale. 12 week wait. Might go 4wd just not to have to wait. I just figured for the once or twice a year that I wish I had a 4wd pickup I'd save some cash and just get more options.......

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Delta. The dealer in Richmond sounds like they would really like to sell me a 4x4. After looking at the Sport 4x4 in the brochure (with that blue), and if the price is right I guess I could be persuaded. O and thanks for the offer to look in Victoria, but the dealership in Richmond says there is not one in Canada...lol.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealership mentioned that too. I dont mind waiting , but at 12 weeks that might be a bit much. Guess we see if we can get a good price on a 4x4.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I believe someone just wants to sell you what they have in stock

http://www.parkerschrysler.com/new/RAM/2012-RAM-1500-Kelowna-273284110a0d048d00d391c509c1800a.htm
2012 RAM 1500 Sport Truck Short Crew Cab
No, its listed under the powertrain section:
Fuel economy city: 15.8L/100 km
Drive type: four-wheel
Engine location: front
Mode select transmission
Block heater

I beleive that there will be a VERY limited selection of 2WD Rams because of a VERY limited amount of demand. Thats not saying that there is none, if that is what you really want, then check other dealers or custom order. The wait isn't so bad. :smileup:

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,039 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
go blue!! this is my express

Originally I wanted white....but the wife isn't a fan of it....sigh. Second choice was the mineral grey ....Until I saw the blue sport in the ram brochure.

So Blue is now the number 1 choice for sure! Great looking truck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered a 2012

Hey leftcoast,

I ordered a 2012 1500 Big Horn, but the dealer gave me a wicked deal, gave it to me for $500 over cost. I am sure they are still making more than that but the numbers were the same as the cost according to carcostcanada.com so I decided to go for it. The best thing is that I get the truck the way I want it and nothing else, the down side is having to wait another 8 weeks, lol! I have never factory ordered before but saved $8,000 after the factory rebates so in my opinion it was worth the wait.

Good luck in finding your ride,

·
Registered
103 Posts
What does your wife drive? I ask because my wife has a trailblazer she loves and she said "I don't care what brand or color you get because I won't be driving it you will"....that was until she saw this one, now its an argument all the time. If you want to drive it get the color she hates or buy her something better. We, as men, get to stand up to pee so therefor we are not allowed to have anything else that is nicer than anything they have.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol that's funny. She has a Mazda 5 that is fully loaded minus navigation. She loves her car and up until I get this truck she has had the better vehicle. She thinks she is going to drive it, but I know she wont want to drive something that big....thankfully...lol.

I do like the white, but Blue and the Mineral Grey look great too. The biggest thing I'll have to settle on is not having a 2wd. I like the look of lowered vehicles.

I'm sure once I have one Ill love the 4x4 version too if thats the way it goes...not that I would lower a 4x4.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts