DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Dodge 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 6.4 Liter Heavy Duty V8 Hemi with MDS 6-speed Automatic 66RFE Transmission Brand New Dec 2017 with 20 miles on it. I had a Chevy Z71 Tahoe before my Dodge. I only have that to compare it to when it comes to heat.
I am wondering how other Dodge Dual Controls work. I can only have a 5 to 6 degree difference between the drivers side and passengers side. If I have both sides up to the highest heat setting and then move the passengers heat temp down pass 5 degrees from the highest setting - the drivers side heat also starts goes down in temp. In my Tahoe, I could have cold air blowing on passengers and hot air blowing on drivers. That is what I thought Dual Zones was all about. My Dodge only allows a slight difference in temp between each side- about 5 to 6 degrees. I don't really consider that Dual Zone Control. I can get more by opening up the window! I have been told that is what Dodge calls Dual Zone Control. Is this true for other Dodge Truck owners?
Next is on the heated seats. I have leather. The heat sucks on both sides. I really didn't think it was working. I was told that some new regulations were passed on how hot the seats can get and that is why its doesn't get hot like seats did back before the new regulations. The problem is... I have been in other Dodge Trucks - 2017/2018/2019 with leather seats and for some reason the seats get hot in these trucks. By telling a mechanic the seats do not get hot enough, doesn't mean there is a problem. What is hot enough? If it warms up at all...its not considered broken. My seats are barley luke warm on the high setting. Are there any specs on what the temp should be on the hot setting? That is the proof that I would need to say it's not getting hot enough. Leather seats in MN suck in the winter when there is no heat on the seats. I am completely miserable in my Dodge in the Winter. I drive 20,000 a year and a lot of the time I am freezing. There are other things wrong with the truck since I drove it off the parking lot but these are the two biggest for me. I have a warranty - also purchased a lifetime warranty. The problem is trying to get something fixed when the dodge dealership does not consider it broken.

·
Registered
676 Posts
On my 2010 Laramie 1500 the duel controls go from 89 on one side to 61 on the other, though I have never tried getting hot out of one side and cold out the other side. As to the seats not getting hot mine almost 9 years old still gets pretty warm. I would suggest to get another dealership involved.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
On my 16 1500, I can't get a drastic side to side temp difference. I can on my 18 Pacifica though.
I have tried it more on cooling vs. heat though to be honest.

As far as the seats, the leather does not get as hot as the cloth. Several years ago in the Jeeps at least they had several melt the seat - I do not know if any caught fire - so it is very possible they don't run them as hot as before.

I agree though, you would think there is some spec range that the seats should be at per setting. Esp. since temp by feel is subjective, hot to me might still feel cool to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts