DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a nurse, I'm good with people and what makes them run. Not so much with engines. I do well enough not to get ripped off at the shop. I am having a rough idle and have been researching the topic on here. I have seen alot of posts about removing the throttle body and cleaning it. I was wondering if you could get a spray cleaner and clean it without having to remove it? Or would this be bad? I could probably remove it if I were watching an instructional video at the same time. I do not have a shop and would have to do the work in the parking lot of my apt building. I would really like to not pay a mechanic to do this. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I would try some SEA FOAM, it is sold at most auto parts stores

I wouldn't put it in the oil
Just the throttle body & gas tank

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

·
Registered
565 Posts
Is your name "Greg" by any chance? lol. Cleaning the TB is a pretty easy job. It can be done without removing it by just taking off the plastic cover that says 4.7 Liter and opening up the butterfly and spraying brake cleaner in there until all the gunks gone. The truck will be hard to start after though. Once you take the plastic cover off, its only 4 bolts that hold the TB on. You may want to consider removing it if you feel comfortable after looking at it. Its only 4 bolts, the throttle cable and an electrical plug.

There is a write up with pics on this somewhere else, if you are interested PM me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts