DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went home for the weekend to plastidip my wheels, black of course, and on the way got lucky with the wind. So when I normally drive I always seem to be getting pounded by the wind but that wasn't the case friday when I got 20.1 MPG on a 104 mile trip. The plastidip looks great I might add.. I liked the wheels so much I did the same to my front/rear bumpers and grill (previously chrome). It started raining before I could take a pic of those but I did get the wheels.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,093 Posts
The wheels look great, nice job and ya have to love getting a little mpg help from mother nature lol, always seems like I'm either driving into the wind or it's a cross wind! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Wheels look great and like Cajun I'm always fighting the wind and rarely running with it. There have been a couple of times where the tail wind has pushed me over the 20 mpg mark. Was neat to watch ECO kick in and the economy number go through the roof.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
looks really good!! I wish the wind followed me to and I could get above 10 mpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
my sister has a 2001 grand cherokee thats all black as well and she plastidiped the rims its been there for six months and is perfect and holds up to pressure washers as well as long as you dont hold it directly on it. she also painted the grill as well and it looks badass. nice job man truck looks sweet

·
Registered
87 Posts
when i first started reading this i thought it was another "will this mod help my fuel mileage?" thread. Figured you were going to say plasti-dip helped your mileage. Looks good!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when i first started reading this i thought it was another "will this mod help my fuel mileage?" thread. Figured you were going to say plasti-dip helped your mileage. Looks good!
sadly no mileage increase :gy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts