DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks to everyone who posted debadge methods. I combined all the best practices and made the job easy. No heat gun, just parked with the side facing the sun. Cut thru adhesive with braided 50 lb test fishing line like butter. Emblems came off clean leaving the rubbery thick adhesive. Then I turned vehicle to get side away from sun and let cool. Applied ice pack to further solidify the rubber. Then using a soft plastic body filler spreader I pulled rubber letters off slowly while helping them along with the spreader. The thin remaining residue was easy to remove with 3M adhesive remover and a micorfiber cloth. Then just washed & waxed. Looks perfect. Did both doors, took an hour.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The Ram looks great debadged....:smileup::smileup:...Rob

·
Registered
67 Posts
I debadged mine today too !! I love the clean look!! I was surprised how easy and non time consuming it was !! I removed the hemi emblem as well !! Pics to come as soon as these roads permit a clean truck ! Lol washed it and , 3 min later can't tell !! :( your truck looks great btw!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Love the NAKED look !! Most all my cars are sticker/badge free..................

My new thing is to have it airbrushed back on, think that would be sick !

If no holes, off it comes !!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tailgate

Looks great! I just debadged mine last week as well. Did you debadge the tailgate as well?
Actually no, the only badges on my tailgate is the 4X4 badge and the big rams head which I like. I instructed dealer to NOT put on their advertising badge (I ordered this truck) and apparently Dodge does not use the SLT badge anymore. At least there wasn't one on my truck. I also left the hemi badge but may remove it later.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I see. I was just curious. I had a Bighorn badge and the 4x4 badge on my tailgate. I removed everything except the Ram's head on the tailgate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.