DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always wondered how the flow worked in the factory muffler so I did a little surgery. Its off of my new Ram 1500 4x4 factory dual exhaust. Truck has 2700 miles on it and rust already workinig on the inside of this piece of junk. No direct flow here for sure. Plum pittyful. The flow goes from the single pipe then has to find its way back thru the 4 holes then find its way back thru the two outlet pipes. Enjoy people....:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
That looks as good as a New Orleans sidewalk after Mardi Gras! Glad I have a package from Magnaflow on the way!

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Thanks for report and pics. I thought they were using SS exhaust systems on the trucks, guess its only the pipes. :rep:

E

·
0 Posts
Yup...if anyone wondered why aftermarket systems sound better and flow better, there's your answer right there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cut it open not just out of curiousity but because I searched several forums and couldnt really find one that someone had cut open or if there was one they were sure what it came off of. when I was looking for my replacement muffler I searched and searched to see just how bad the factory one was and did it justify replacing it. I sure am glad I did now. But I couldnt cut it open until I got the replacement so I was glad to see how crapy the flow was once I did cut it open and that justified me getting the magnaflow replacement. From now on, this will be the first mod I ever do...............

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great job with the pics! Thanks for the info. I never bothered to cut one open but always figured it was a maze of restriction.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I've been wondering just what I gave up.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Great Pics Man, Thanks for taking the time to cut that junk open ,and showing what we started with, You saved me the time and trouble of doing it myself
GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts