DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '03 Hemi QC 4x4 that I was wanting to run long tubes and true dual exhaust on, but just realize that the truck only has two O2 sensors in it. If I were to convert it to true duals the computer would have no way of monitoring both cylinder banks.

Anyone have any suggestions on a way around this issue, or am I SOL and going to have to run a y-pipe to dual muffler?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use to have a 08' with the hemi, ran true duals into 12" glass packs and had no problems, only with the Police! Kept the cats on it though. I have the same question on the new hemi's. If i cut the Y-pipe and run true duals into a Magnaflow or Flowmaster muffler will the check engine light come on?

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
So do you have one upstream O2 sensor and one downstream (after the catalytic converter(s)? I need more info on how it's set up. It sounds like you would need to run a crossover pipe (which would help performance anyway) and have the O2 sensor in there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's correct, there is one upstream sensor installed in the stock y-pipe just in front of the cat and one downstream sensor right after the cat. I was planning on running an x-pipe, but I don't believe I'll be able to with only one upstream sensor.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Put the upstream sensor at the center of the x pipe. That should do it for you. The only other thing I can think of is to only have the upstream sensor on one side. I don't really think this would be an issue, although it might....I'm not sure if it takes it's readings based on volumes of exhaust gas or ratios. I think it's ratios, and if so you would be ok. It's not as good as having one in each cylinder bank, but it will still perform well. My buell only has an O2 sensor in the rear exhaust pipe, not the front; all fuel and timing maps are based on the one cylinder. It runs great :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts