DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems on my 09 ram 1500 5.7 hemi won't pass emissions. The oxygen sensor n cat codes wont reset. I replaced battery since it was 6 yrs old drove 600 miles took it back in failed again. Had the garage clear the computer again drove 350 to 400 miles still didn't set pulled pcm fuse let sit 8Hrs warmed it up in the morning took it for a good 50 to 75 mile ride n same codes wouldn't complete. Anyone else having such problems with there 09??? PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well finally passed if anyone is having the same problem on there 09 hemi A update for the PCM is required. Not a recall from dodge but they know it's a problem. Sad to say it did cost 110$ for the update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
PCM update

I had the same issue about 4 months ago. Dodge's initial repair tech handed me some BS printout explaining something about the braking system (I still have that BS printout saved somewhere for a good laugh later). It was a new service manager and I guess he thought I would be a pushover (funny, the rest of that dealership knows better from past experiences with me) and just go away. I basically carved him a new orifice, asked him to explain to me how the braking system can cause affect an oxygen sensor, requested to have the tech who looked at it actually come to me and tell me the same thing, and also asked for the person over him. Miraculously, a senior tech was brought up to see me. I showed the BS printout to him in front of the service manager, described the problem to him (just as it was on the ticket) and was shocked to hear that he knew what it was and how to fix it. I was even more surprised to see him basically carve the service manager a new one as well.
He brought his computer to my truck, programmed two PCM updates on it, double checked that the updates worked, and guaranteed it to pass. I took it back to the inspection station and it passed immediately.

There was no charge for it and the tech that fixed it told me it was a problem Dodge knew about already (at least some of the more experienced techs seem to).

DON'T ever pay for updates that cause inspection issues as long as there are no faulty parts, it is Dodge's responsibility to have the updates installed to be compliant with emissions and inspections. It may be too late now but I would at least visit with the location's owner and try to get either my money back or to have a credit placed on my account. :smileup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
PCM update

I had the same issue about 4 months ago. Dodge's initial repair tech handed me some BS printout explaining something about the braking system (I still have that BS printout saved somewhere for a good laugh later). It was a new service manager and I guess he thought I would be a pushover (funny, the rest of that dealership knows better from past experiences with me) and just go away. I basically carved him a new orifice, asked him to explain to me how the braking system can cause affect an oxygen sensor, requested to have the tech who looked at it actually come to me and tell me the same thing, and also asked for the person over him. Miraculously, a senior tech was brought up to see me. I showed the BS printout to him in front of the service manager, described the problem to him (just as it was on the ticket) and was shocked to hear that he knew what it was and how to fix it. I was even more surprised to see him basically carve the service manager a new one as well.
He brought his computer to my truck, programmed two PCM updates on it, double checked that the updates worked, and guaranteed it to pass. I took it back to the inspection station and it passed immediately.

There was no charge for it and the tech that fixed it told me it was a problem Dodge knew about already (at least some of the more experienced techs seem to).

DON'T ever pay for updates that cause inspection issues as long as there are no faulty parts, it is Dodge's responsibility to have the updates installed to be compliant with emissions and inspections. It may be too late now but I would at least visit with the location's owner and try to get either my money back or to have a credit placed on my account. :smileup:
so if I am having this same issue and make and bring it to the dealership and ask them to update the ECM they should/will just do it for free?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts