DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get my 40000mi new to me truck inspected today and it fails inspection because the o2 sensor and catalist is showing not ready. This will usually happen when either the battery has been disconected or a trouble code has been recently cleared, but after you drive for 50 or so miles everything should be ready again, I have had this truck for a month and have put 1100mi on it since. I have not disconnected the battery and today after the failed insp. was the first time a scanner has been connected to it, there are no codes showing anywhere, the cat is reading the correct temp. and the o2 sensor is showing the right reading, anyone ever see this? sounds alot like a bad computer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Readiness codes are a pain in the a$$. At work when I put it on the emissions machine and readiness codes aren't set. Here is what I do. I get the car going about 60 mph on a straightaway. Then just put the car in 1st gear and it will start down shifting and eventually get down into first. It works 9 out of 10 times.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Readiness codes are a pain in the a$$. At work when I put it on the emissions machine and readiness codes aren't set. Here is what I do. I get the car going about 60 mph on a straightaway. Then just put the car in 1st gear and it will start down shifting and eventually get down into first. It works 9 out of 10 times.
Seriously, or are you just playing with the new guy? Is it really possible that after a month and 1100 miles it still not ready?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mechanic friend of mine said he has had to change a few t-stats because they stick in the open position and the engine never comes up to operating temp. I replaced it today and I will have to put some drive cycles on it and see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.