DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have troubles with the check engine coming on. P0137 Replaced this O2 sensor less than a year ago with OEM sensor.Was ok for awhile. Now it keeps coming on after I clear the code.:smiledown:

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
A code P0137 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty o2 sensor Exhaust leak near the rear sensor
Plugged catalyst
Short to voltage on O2 signal circuit
High resistance or open on O2 signal circuit

It is very likely your catalytic converter is clogged. The sensor may never have been faulty to begin with. This is a VERY common with mistake. Just because the sensor throws a code doesn't mean that sensor is bad, it can also mean something is causing it to read bad.

How many miles on the truck? if over 100,000 miles it is likely a clogged cat. They are expensive.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
hm well with that mileage I'd tend to think it's not a cat but you never know. I guess the first thing to do would be verify the harness isn't cut or frayed or anything.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have been having that issue everytime I hit a nasty bump the check engine light would come on.....I unplugged all the sensors and cleaned all of the connections and did not have the light come back on for a few months. The other day it just turned on again when I was leaving the driveway. Bought a new sensor today and going to put it in tomorrow to see if that does anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
what type are they are they the front or rear ones do you have any mods to your exhaust or cats make sure that you have oem 02 sensors if you have a modded exhaust like i do i took my 02 sensors out of the cars left them hooked up put them in a baggy taped it shut and zip tied it up and i have had no codes on it hit me up with more info on you truck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem, Code P0137 replaced 02 sensor on drivers side behind cat and EGR valve, reset PCM and after a couple of days engine light and code are back, checked wiring it appears to be good. Any Help would Help!

·
Registered
2012 RAM 1500
326 Posts
Deleted mine a long time ago

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have been having that issue everytime I hit a nasty bump the check engine light would come on.....I unplugged all the sensors and cleaned all of the connections and did not have the light come back on for a few months. The other day it just turned on again when I was leaving the driveway. Bought a new sensor today and going to put it in tomorrow to see if that does anything.
I'd bet yours has a rubbed through harness somewhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts