DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anyone have a review or recommendation on an OBD II code scanner? I'm looking for one. I don't want to pay a fortune - maybe around $100?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a scan gauge II in my FJ. It was cool. Read temps, Real time MPG, MPH etc and reads codes.

My tuner, Edge CS, does the same (minus real time MPG) and tunes the truck.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to my own post, I know - but I put this in the 3rd Gen section by mistake, so I'm posting it here too:

"Not long ago, being tired of getting CEL's, I invested in a BAFX 34t5 OBDII scanner, paired with my Android smart phone and running the Torque app. Well worth the small amount of change invested (@ $30 including the app). So far it's identified a bad EGR valve and a bad O2 sensor. Combined with buying parts smartly on eBay and installing them myself, I've saved probably close to $500 from having the dealership or a local garage do the work. Highly recommended piece of electronics!!!"

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'd recommend the Autel Diaglink. It's a DIYer version of thier more expensive MD802. You get All Systems Access (Engine, Transmission, ABS, SRS, etc), OBDII Scanner, Oil Rest and EPB for the vehicle brand of your choice. If you have other makes of vehicle you can add them for $10US each.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0QQZY7/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_12?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3MNQOSQ336D3K

-K

Nope, not affiliated with Autel or Amazon, just like the scanner and the free shipping on my Prime account!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts