DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, have a new 2019 Bighorn. I have my BlueDriver OBDII reader that I used on MY2015 ED. Is ne body using an OBD on a 2019 and what are you monitoring???

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, have a new 2019 Bighorn. I have my BlueDriver OBDII reader that I used on MY2015 ED. Is ne body using an OBD on a 2019 and what are you monitoring???
BUMP: WAS hoping somebody out there was running a reader and could enlighten me on the common things to monitor on this gasser. Having a OBD on an ED was like almost a necessity.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I mean I have an Actron CP9690, but I haven't data logged with it. I bought it in the event I need to read codes, but you can check knock retard, temps, and quite a few other things with it.

Why do you say it was a necessity with the EcoDiesel?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I mean I have an Actron CP9690, but I haven't data logged with it. I bought it in the event I need to read codes, but you can check knock retard, temps, and quite a few other things with it.

Why do you say it was a necessity with the EcoDiesel?
IMHO, that lil 3.0 just all sorts of lil things, codes etc, but when towing, real important to monitor your EGT, CAT, REGEN and Boost Pressures. A lot of folks get Edge units and force regens and/or get GDE tune also. If I would have kept my ED, would have gotten GDE tune due to all of the EGR related issues, just MHO....

Added: kept my Bluedriver plugged in and running all the time. Have not put on the 5.7 yet, but then the 5.7 is a real proven motor. But when I take trip up North, going to put in and monitor stuff, maybe just for chits and giggles, LOL...

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you haven't done any mods, most of what you would want to watch is provided by Ram. Trans temp, oil temp, water temp along with MPG to be sure the motor is healthy and running consistently. Only other things I would think to watch would be short and long term fuel trims, but there is no way for you to adjust those anyway. High fuel trims may mean bad gas, low fuel trim could mean dirty or clogged filter but both would also reflect in your MPG reading.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Who told you, that you need to do this? You can see all the requested information already in your digital display in the center of your instruments- and reading codes- for what? if there is one, your light comes on anyway and you also can see it in the display, what it is. And what do you tow, that you have to look so close on all parameters? Man- don't want to downtalk your truck- but it's not a 40 ton transfer truck.
I'm in the car business for over 35 years now, and I'm always amazed, with what some people come up.

conclusion: waste of money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts