DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2012 1500 express I’ve been doing exterior stuff too and finally happy with it I just swapped out the folding center console with a Laramie floor console had no idea what I was doing but came found some info on here about it it really helped so I joined with that being said family owns a junk yard with 2 ram 1500s a Laramie and long horn just collecting dust now I want to swap out the seats and hell anything else I can change has anyone had experience with swapping out seats anything would help

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,125 Posts
Welcome to Ramforumz! We're glad to have you here. I am going to move your post to another area of the forum. You should get more responses & better answers here. Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think it would take much more than a wrench to remove and replace. Just have to get the same year, or range of that particular design. I plan on changing out my manual cloth seats to electric leather heat and cool. I know staying with the same year will reduce a problem, making the electric cool and heat might be a challenge. Will accept any info on that, and will check on youtube.

·
Registered
2012 Ram 1500 ST Crew Cab | 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Quad Cab
29 Posts
Got a 2012 1500 express I’ve been doing exterior stuff too and finally happy with it I just swapped out the folding center console with a Laramie floor console had no idea what I was doing but came found some info on here about it it really helped so I joined with that being said family owns a junk yard with 2 ram 1500s a Laramie and long horn just collecting dust now I want to swap out the seats and hell anything else I can change has anyone had experience with swapping out seats anything would help
Almost all interior and exterior components are going to be exactly the same on 4th generation Ram 1500's. There has been minor updates to the trucks as they've progressed over the years, 2013 being a big year inner-generational Ram updates with the transmission changes and the engine performance upgrades and then the grill update. However, besides all of these updates, the trucks are parts are practically all the same dimensions. You could put a 2009 seat in a 2018 Ram 1500 and there's no difference.

·
Registered
2012 Ram 1500 ST Crew Cab | 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Quad Cab
29 Posts
I don't think it would take much more than a wrench to remove and replace. Just have to get the same year, or range of that particular design. I plan on changing out my manual cloth seats to electric leather heat and cool. I know staying with the same year will reduce a problem, making the electric cool and heat might be a challenge. Will accept any info on that, and will check on youtube.
You don't really have to go with just that specific year. The great thing about the these Dodge trucks, is that the wiring components is there for these optional upgrades that we don't purchase when buying the truck. It is however fare to say that sometimes depending on how your truck was originally customized to, may not necessarily have the wiring required to install the part. However, I have a 2012 Ram 1500 ST Crew Cab 4X4 with the Powertech 4.7L V8 and I am capable of purchasing all the interior parts needed to make my truck interior appear as the Laramie-Longhorn trim model which was the top level trim for the 2012 year. Next time, take a look around at your truck's interior and notice all of the areas where these optional items go in your vehicle. More often then not, you will see the cutouts and behind them the wiring in that location, all you need to do is purchase the part from the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts