DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking around for cheap headers the other day and happened to come across these from OBX.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...689&ua=M*S?&itemid=180562413736#ht_1702wt_941

They are supposedly LT's with 1.5" piping with a 2.5" collectors. I have heard some talk that the JBA's or the Pacesetters would be a better idea, but for $500 shipped to my door with the included y pipe and cats. It's kinda hard not to give these a better look. These specific ones were on ebay.

So, has anyone had any experience with these or heard other talk about them?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crap i was just talking to him and i didn't even know. haha. thanks. ill see what he has to say.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have run the OBX LT headers on my Lightning, I bought the kit with resonators instead of cats...BUT I can tell you one thing I am thoroughly happy with them. They were easy to install and matched up great to my catback.

Things that you need to know are the hardware that is provided with them is junk, buy new clamps and such from Summit. I also chose to buy new locking header bolts, people say the factory ones are fine but I didn't EVER want to have to go back and tighten header bolts again. The headers are a direct knock off of Dyna Tech headers, the stainless is good and craftmanship is the same as any other headers in my opinion. And for the money YOU can't beat them!

My truck puts down 420hp/537tq and haven't had one issue with them, good luck!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I am running them on my truck right now. I love them granted also i heard other headers with the same mods as mine and i like mine better. I post a video clips maby today on how it sounds also i got the magnaflow dual exhaust and the y pipe so it might sound a bit different with your setup.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks you guys, i appreciate all the input. I don't think they are mass producing these anymore because i can only find them on ebay now for my setup. weird. i guess that means i better get on it. haha. thanks again.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh by the way how are the gaskets that come with them? i saw one guy on youtube that said they were shit.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
get the oem one

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
When ever i work on my friends cars when they get headers i always get the stock gasket i say there the best. Alot of people use the one from the exhaust they get example obx ones are so thin there shit. So that why i go with the oem there are thick as hell

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool. yeah thats what I was afraid of. I DEFINATELY DONT want to have to climb up under there after blowing a header gasket and doing the whole thing over. haha. same thing with the bolts, stage 8 locking header bolts for sure too.
thanks again you guys on all the input.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
yup with that gasket and them bolts you be fine. Any more question ask away .

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope, I have all I need. Thanks mike.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
no problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im thinking about buying these also. I have a few questions about the high flow resonators that come with them.
Do they have the o2 sensor bungs already welded into the high flow resonators?
And do you throw any codes using the high flow resonators instead of the cats?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
yes they do come with the bungs. I throw codes but w.e its ok you can place that bung so you dont throw codes

·
Registered
78 Posts
spark plug antifoulers have worked great for me in the past for not tripping the P0420 code. cheap easy band aid fix for going catless.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
yup you are correct gomango420. That what I am going to use if I get around to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts