DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the OEM backup camera yesterday and everything went according to plan. Or so I thought. I followed the directions and when I reconnected the negative battery cable and turned the key to "on" all hell broke loose. There was a continuous clicking sound coming from beneath the truck on the driver's side. The instrument cluster went crazy. Flashing lights, a "service shifter" warning and everything was acting generally erratic. The radio screen was blank. I disconnected the battery and started checking over my connections. Everything was right except that I got the pins wrong at the back of the radio and chassis harness cable connectors. I fixed that, reconnected the negative battery cable and the radio returned to normal but all of the other problems were still present.

I found the forums after all of this and it seems to me like I may have inadvertently destroyed the BCM. Does that sound about right? If so, it looks like I'm in for a tow because it obviously can't be taken out of park.

What are my next steps?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'd start by checking all the fuses. you never know. might be a simple matter of clearing the codes, but given the computerization in these trucks - it might require a scan tool to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts