DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2008 TRX4 1500 with 15,000 miles. pretty much only use it for weekend fishing and hunting in a 75 mile radius. Yesterday out of the blue front passanger brake stuck. Happened to be close to my work which has some open area in the warehouse. Pulled in there and pulled the wheel. A caliper piston was stuck holding on the brake. Rotor scored, everything smoking hot. I pulled out the brake pads thinking I could drive it to the shop and leave it for them on Monday.Mistake, it let the piston come out too far i guess and blew all the brake fluid. Funny I am having this problem because I am one of those guys that are easy on brakes. No riding the brakes, no accelerating to within a short distance and slamming on the brakes. Pads had almost no wear. So I told you all that to ask this. I don't need this happening in the remote areas I go to. Should I just have the OEM caliper rebuilt and call it a fluke? Or bite the bullet and upgrade to some aftermarket system on both fronts to gain reliability?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
If not used for awhile, it will not get the proper lubrication to ur brakes moving parts. I'm guessing that is why it stuck. Just replace it with another oem caliper or one from the auto store. Try to drive it around more on a regular basis, even if it is just down the road and back every now and then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thats what I am going to do. looked at some of the aftermarket ones, nice ,but a project for another time. It's time to fish now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts