DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been doing lots of research on lights and cant decide which off road lights to get. I dont wanna break the wallet but i want a decent pair of lights. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Been looking at KC lights but not sure which is best considering they have so many... thanks guys!

·
Registered
81 Posts
In for an answer. I want some for behind the grill.

- Christopher

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im gunna fab up some tow hooks and a light bar for mine!

·
Registered
81 Posts
That sounds way cooler than behind the grill lights. But, I want to keep it cleaner looking for now, until I can afford the bumpers and such that i want. Just bought tires, and I'm broke. lol. I found cool ones on rigidperformance's site. I think that was it, anyways, but they are really expensive. They have a video there that compares them to the factory dims/brights and hella 500s. They are really bad ass.

- Christopher

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm you might be referring to Rugged Ridge? I hear these are knock offs of a really nice light made by HIDx... Identical housings but different bulbs so beware. I might get some somewhat cheap lights and upgrade the bulbs to HIDS later!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nope. They are by Rigid Industries, not Rigid Performance. The site is rigidindustries.com You should check out the duallys. They are awesome, but pricey.

- Christopher

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
that is a pretty sweet video i would defently go with one of thoes in there bud

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh i see! Ya i saw this video a couple nights ago and was impressed!

·
Registered
81 Posts
They have a set of the regular dually lights on ebay for 185.xx, free shipping. Rigid's site has them for 199+ shipping.

- Christopher

·
Registered
4,245 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome nice find! I think im gunna get two duallys! Been designing my light bar to fit tall round light so looks like im gunna have to come up with something else! The gallery on their website is impressive!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im not sure which beam to go with though... flood, spot or diffusion. Diffusion looks like its for stuff up close like when youre rock crawling at night and need to see all around. Spot looks like it might be too narrow and not give enough light outwards. I think im gunna go with flood unless someone wants to recommend otherwise?

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you look at their site, somewhere where you go into the light details, there is a layout of the spread patterns, including how many feet wide and long each is, as well as the intensity at that range. Not sure exactly where I found them, but they are there. I'm going to pick up a set of floods, but it will be another week or three.

- Christopher

·
Banned
265 Posts
I have a pair of HID converted Hella 500's behind the grille, and a pair of HID converted Hella 4000's on my front bumper. Here's the configuration:

Here is the light output:

Headlights:

Headlights / 500's:

Headlights/ 500's/ 4000's:

Stay away from LED's for now. They are bright as hell at the source, but they don't project light well. Nor are they cost effective. They're getting better, but not yet. LED's also don't transmit light through dust/fog at all. For those of you who live in cold climates, you will have freezing issues as well due to the lack of a hot element to "defrost" the lens.

·
Banned
265 Posts
Those are the same units that Phantom lighting sells for half the price. The majority of LED light bars on the market right now are made in China. Soltek and a few others being the exceptions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have two behind my grill and its a SICK look .the cross memeber seems as if it was made for lights..haha no intercooler hell ya hemi

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i have two behind my grill and its a SICK look .the cross memeber seems as if it was made for lights..haha no intercooler hell ya hemi
Pics please :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts