DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Are you saying that the lights don't fit between the bull bar rungs, or that the bolt isn't long enough to properly fasten through the existing bull bar without taking off the cup? That cup is essential for keeping the assembly properly aligned.

If the light assemblies are too tall as a whole, you'll want to rig some additional steel to your bull bar to extend the mounting position slightly. Then bolt per original requirements.

If the bolts are not long enough, just swap them out for standard carriage bolts of sufficient length. You'll want to have them either galvanized or zinc coated. You'll have to disassemble the light slightly to get to the innards and swap out the bolts if you go that route.

I've done the bolt extension on off road lights for a previous light bar I had as I didn't have any other way to mount the lights to my 3" round push bar. I couldn't go the additional steel route due to the mounting locations.

· Registered
77 Posts
The bolt doesn't have to go all the way through the bar, but some bars are not designed to get to the interior areas for proper tightening of the nuts, etc... I had one that was welded shut and I couldn't access the interior at all.

If you can get to the inside and properly fasten it, then you don't need to worry about a return. Just relocate the mounting location slightly with some flat stock and they should work fine.

· Registered
77 Posts
You may try a local scrap yard or steel shop to get some flat stock to make the extensions from. I would recommend a minimum 1/8" thickness to bolt to the bull bar and create your extensions. Finish the rough steel to match the bull bar so it doesn't look off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.