DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Not to start another 'to super, or not to super' thread, I am interested if anyone has any experience with supercharging an HD for off-road use.

I have a '16 2500 5.7 Tradesman. I bought my Tradesman with the specific intention of putting a power-adder on it, be it Turbo or Super. I would, however, like any input from off-roading sharp shooters or those with experience using power-adders on their HD's.

I frequently off-road in New Mexico mountains (Silver City, Gila National Forest, Cloudcroft), reaching elevations above 8,000ft. ASL and encounter various trail conditions, from mud to rocky terrain. I am leaning towards a supercharger and not very interested in a turbo; the lag and mechanical work associated with them is not appealing. I have read other threads explaining that the HD's parts can handle a SC without any issues (keeping it reasonable, of course), although I intend to re-gear prior to the supercharger install (if I do the install).

So, any one have any experience off-roading a SC'ed HD or have some input that I'm not considering?

Thank you!

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
If you're going to put a blower on one then you'd want to avoid the procharger and go with the E-force of magnuson kit. The benefit of a turbo is the lack of belt slippage which can happen if you get the front end of the block muddy or sunk. The positive displacement kits will have more low rpm torque which will be best for any kind of off roading.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're going to put a blower on one then you'd want to avoid the procharger and go with the E-force of magnuson kit. The benefit of a turbo is the lack of belt slippage which can happen if you get the front end of the block muddy or sunk. The positive displacement kits will have more low rpm torque which will be best for any kind of off roading.

Thanks for the reply Cdnoil!

This is the kit that I have found for E-Force, though there are no local installers so I would have to drive to San Antonio for a few days vacation.

Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger: Stage 1. It's emissions legal, too, which is a good thing for me being in Texas.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Yes this is exactly what you would want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts