DODGE RAM FORUM banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
The +18 would suit you good. You should be able to run a 285 series tire no problem.
Alright thats what i was thinking! Thanks! If i keep making the money that i am i might just get the 5100's and go with 295's!!! Im a full time college student so money is hard to come by...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Thats a great list, but I was wondering about the Cooper Discoverer STT's, they look great but are they good off road? What kind of score would you give them on your 1-5 scale? Also at the price point of $250 a tire for 285/70/17's is that resonable? That's the average price here in Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
19 Posts
bfg or nitto? in 275/65/20?

Befor i read through the thread the main three tires i was stuck between was the duratracs, bfg at's, and the terra grappler i think from reading your previous responses ive sadly ruled out the duratracs though they are amazing looking. So now im left with the bfg and the nittos first off i have a 2.5 inch leveling kit on my 2010 ram do you think id be able to fit 275/65/20 with out n e issues and also of the 2 tires what would you recommend considering for me all weather traction, tread life, and appearance are main concerns. Also you do beleive those 2 are the best a/t tires around correct? and by the way awesome thread ive been researching for days now on tires and finally became a member and this is exactly what i needed to help make the final decision.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey man GREAT list! my last set of tires got screwed up by the dealership so i get a choice of any tire i want! so first off what would be ur number 1 choice? i do alot of highway with some trail and mud! but need somethin tough and aggressive! and what can you tell me about the Firestone Destination MT?

·
Registered
46 Posts
What rugged looking tire would you recommend for the stock chrome clad 20's for a 4x2 that will never do any off reading but wants that rugged off road tire look. Something that will not make the car much noisier than stocks?

Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just installed these tires on my stock rig. There are many posts that claim they would not fit without a spacer but I did not end up needing one. There is about 1/4" between the tire and the suspension arm.

Truck: 2013 4wd, 20x9 factory wheels
Tire: Falken Rocky Mountain AT, 305/55R20

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm looking at leveling my truck and going with bigger tires. I am mostly on road but do go off road in mud and sand every once and awhile, also tow. I live north of Toronto and do get snow so would like a tire that prefoms well there. I want a tough looking tire but don't want to sacrifice on road drive ability and road noise, also want I tire that will last. Was looking at Goodyear duratracs or nitto trail grapplers. What would you recemond?

·
Registered
141 Posts
What have you heard about the new dick cepek fun countrys? torn between them and the fc2s. I will mainly be doing highway driving but some snow mud and dirt as well so i need a good all year tire with good wearing tread

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just installed these tires on my stock rig. There are many posts that claim they would not fit without a spacer but I did not end up needing one. There is about 1/4" between the tire and the suspension arm.

Truck: 2013 4wd, 20x9 factory wheels
Tire: Falken Rocky Mountain AT, 305/55R20

How do you like them so far? How noisy are they? Thanks and looks great

·
Registered
289 Posts
They are OK. They are quiet and look good but wet traction is not as good as a BFG AT. It isn't bad though. But, they are quite a bit cheaper too.

I did get a big tack nail in one of them and it didn't even go flat when I pulled it out. They are 10ply, E rated and pretty tough.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just got some Yokohama Geolandar A/t-s in stock size. Should have them mounted this weekend and will post pics.
I did get a big tack nail in one of them and it didn't even go flat when I pulled it out. They are 10ply, E rated and pretty tough.
Do your sidewalls say 10 ply in the plies note for construction?
Al lot of tire stores use the term 10 ply rated....not the same as the actual construction; most are 3 ply at most.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I got 66K miles out of my Trail Grapplers and they'd still throw a little mud when I pulled them off last week. I can't say enough good about them. Unfortunately they've went up quite a bit since I bought mine and so I made myself a guinea pig for the Atturo Trail Blade MT. They look like a cross between a Toyo MT and a Trail Grappler. and were 289 a piece instead of 420 (made in Thailand). I would have sprung for more Trails but if I end up trading my my truck I'll be sick over losing those tires. I've used the Trail Blades in a low traction situation already. They aren't built as heavy or wide as the Nittos.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I need some advice, after reading the very useful guide posted here, in winter often face deep snow and muddy roads, but I also do several kilometers of paved road, having only such measures 275/60/20 "what do you recommend between the Nitto Terra grappler and Goodyear silent armor, reccommend from my mechanic at the time I have on my RAM the Goodyear aT w kevlar, and the grip, becomes clogged with mud very easily now, let alone when things get serious!!
sorry for my bad english
Ps other option tyre?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ram Country, I have a 2011 Ram 4x4 and I am going to be putting leveling kit on. I want a set of tires that stick out about 1.5 to 2" more than my stockers. I'm currently running 20" from the factory. I want to go down to 18" wheels but keep the same tire hight as the stock tires. So I have 2 questions. 1) what should my offset and back spacing be, for the wheel. 2) which is a better tire, General Grabber, Micky Thompson STZ, Toyo open Country, BFG A/T, or any thing you recommend with this tread style. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Great info, thanks for compiling all of that!

I'm trying to find info/opinions on the Mickey Thompson Baja Radial STZ. Every time I do a search for the STZ, the search engine strips STZ out and gives me everything Baja.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular tire?

Cheers,
Andrew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Replacement tires

I have always had sidewall puncture issues and traction issues with the stock 275-60-20 tires.i am currently running at2 michelins.i have a 2006 1500,4x4,quad cab laramie with a 3:90 rear.my current longtime tire dealer thinks 20s are more problematic than 17s.does anyone have an opinion?

61 - 80 of 120 Posts