DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i recently just did a tranny swap in my 98 ram 1500 sport 5.9. i was driving it tonight stopped put it in reverse and smoke just started pooring out underneath. so sure enough i looked under it and the entire bottom of the truck was soaked:doh: so i put a quart in and a half bottle of lucas tranny fluid and tried making it home... first and second gear would just slip until i feathered the pedal and it would pop in gear and move... i made it home but is my tranny toast or will i be able to get new lines and refill the fluid. i know 1st and 2nd are hydralic so im thinking it was doing that due to very very low fluid. also before this when i drive it for more than about 30 minutes o/d will kick off and trans temp light will come on someone help please!!!!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Tough call. I'd fix the lines and get right amount of fluid into it and see how it responds. It it responds good, then you likely dodged a bullet. :4-dontknow:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.