DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 hemi who likes her oil been using mobil 1 5w-20 right out the box and used the oil since day one any new ideas i have all the techs and myself stumped not a like of smoke from the tail pipe any one.. buehler???
this is the last of the non mds engines as i know it so want to keep her going long and strong .just too much damn fun

·
Registered
209 Posts
What you think is too much is probably way different than what dodge will tell you.
If I remember correctly acceptable to dodge is losing a quart between oil changes.

As said above check your throttle body and see how dirty it is. You might be pulling just enough to not see smoke at idle or driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply guys it is losing about 3 qts in between oil changes throttle body is clean leak down and the works tested fine and no performance issues at all. the air box has no residue in it as we can also tell. when i did the tune up last even the plugs looked good however we still changed them out to the autolites.The only other issue we have ever had was when the egr failed and was promptly changed under warrantywith a software update as well

·
Registered
95 Posts
What's the mileage on the truck? When the plugs were changed, were any of them fouled? What about the oil pan drain plug, is it leaking/dripping?
You could always do a compression test on each cylinder to see if something is out of whack there.

Saw-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts