DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my first oil change on my 2012 today. The location of the oil filter on these Hemis is crazy. I was able to get it done,but only after some vocabulary that would make the devil blush. I may have even questioned the ancestry of the engineer who designed it this way. Also there is no reason for it to be put on so tight at the factory. Sorry just needed to vent a little.:doh:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I did my first oil change on my 2012 today. The location of the oil filter on these Hemis is crazy. I was able to get it done,but only after some vocabulary that would make the devil blush. I may have even questioned the ancestry of the engineer who designed it this way. Also there is no reason for it to be put on so tight at the factory. Sorry just needed to vent a little.:doh:
I think this is why a lot of dealers offer the first oil change for free. As long as you watch close and make sure they don't double-gasket the new one, they can have this task!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Seems like a factory mess up. I've done all the oil changes on my'10 Ram, I've never had a problem. I don't know if they have moved the filters on the newer trucks, but my '10 is quite accessable. The fleet of Fords at work are MUCH more of a pain to change, even to drain the oil is a pain, the filters are mounted sideways so the oil drains out down your sleeve, and when you pull the drain plug the oil drains directly onto the torsion bar and sprays all over. All in all, I find the Dodge very simple to do an oil change.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Just got to put some "man hands" on it next time... Just kidding i usually just hammer a screwdriver in it and turn it loose and yeh its a pain.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just to let everyone know, that it seems like the factory installed oil filters are all that tight and have been that tight for quite a while. If you think the oil filters suck on the new ram, you oughta try to do a factory installed one on a jeep liberty with a 3.7L. They suck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts